Well, it's true. The kitchen chairs were a failure. I wrote here about my goals for January. The stairs were the big project and my kitchen chairs were supposed to be a smaller easier to accomplish one. Famous last words, right?
They looked like this at the beginning of the month.
The towel was hiding some gross stains. They look like that still today but now the towel is covering the foam seat instead.
I knew exactly what I wanted to do to them. I had a graphic picked out and a tutorial on how to get it onto fabric all ready for me. It involved printing onto freezer paper then ironing onto my fabric then burnishing with the back of a spoon. It didn't work. I don't know if it was my fabric that just didn't want to have a graphic on it or what ;) It was just way too faded.
So I turned over my fabric and tried painting on it to look like a grain sack. That went fine but looked stupid with the architecture of my chair. All those slats going up and down on the back of the chair and then more lines coming down the middle of the seat, yuck.
So I went to the fabric store looking for a printed fabric to put on the chairs. Nothing.
Then I searched and searched for another tutorial about getting a graphic onto fabric. I found one that involved printing onto freezer paper then burnishing onto dampened fabric. It actually worked. But I no longer really wanted a graphic on the chairs, go figure.
After searching for inspiration to make a slipcover to go over the seats that could come on and off and had pleats and tied in the back I decided I'M DONE.
I'm officially uninspired with this project. I will go back to it at some point when it feels exciting again, THE END!