October 27, 2011

Twirly Skirt and Pleated Headband

So here's the thing. I want my blog to be mainly about furniture and decorating. But I named it "AllThatBringsJoy" because I want to share ALL the things that bring joy to my life. And that includes some cooking and sewing. But even though I don't claim to be any kind of expert in the whole furniture painting/decorating field, I'm ESPECIALLY novice when it comes to cooking and sewing!!

I spent about 4 hours sewing today and I loved it. I can't wait to buy some more fabric and make something else.....I might only last until tomorrow as a matter of fact :) Today I made my Bug a twirly skirt and a matching pleated headband, both of which I found on none other than Pinterest! 

I'd been to the fabric store too many times to count in the last couple of weeks and I kept seeing this adorable corduroy fabric for 50% off. So after coming across this cute headband on Pinterest the other night I decided to look up ruffle skirt and see if there were any easy skirts I might be able to make. And sure enough there was a tutorial for that too! I LOVE Pinterest.

So here's how it turned out!!





Some twirling action for you......








And some close ups of the headband!!








Now that I've made these once I think it will take half the time next time. And there will definitely be a next time!! Oh, and by the way, the fabric for both came in at under $5! 



2 comments:

  1. I love my Buggers!!!! That headband is adorable, when I first saw the name of this post I thought it said "pleated headboard" and I had no idea what you would need that for. A pleated headband makes more sense. Ps - I want one :) Hmmm how many things can I beg Heidi to make me??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, a pleated headboard sounds really cute too! :)

    ReplyDelete